Order pick ups
We can offer a plain coloured wallpaper, but we do have trouble printing darker colours with a nice, consistent finish – often there will be some banding which are stripes across the print that are darker than the rest of the print.
Lighter colour are not a problem however.
How long our removable wall stickers and wallpapers can sit “on the shelf” for depends on how the products are kept. As long as the products stay in their tube, sealed with the end caps, and are kept dry, we would say they could last 8 years – this is the number of years we have been using the product, and know it remains removable for.
Yes we can! We can turn any design or idea into a wall sticker.
For an instant price and to place an order, please enter your dimensions into our Custom Design product. Enter any supporting information and upload any images, and we’ll be in contact with your first proof. We will not print until we have your sign off.
The product is easy to apply with a special layer over the top that makes placement perfect and quick. They are easily removed and won’t damage the wall or leave any residue.
One of the most frustrating things: you find an image you love to create your dream removable wall mural. But then The Wall Sticker Company says you can’t use that image unless you have the copyright to reproduce this!
For any further questions, please contact us!
Source images from the sites listed below. Some images will cost and some are free. You can source an images from a few different places. Choose the largest image size (usually in inches or pixels), or in “v” for vector format.
Contact Us if you need some help to order the right image. We suggest the following sites:
Illustrations, Patterns and Images
Historical Australia and New Zealand Images
Our lead times for custom designs will be depend on how many changes you make before you can approve the proof.
To avoid any delays, choose the fastest shipping option, look out for our emails, and let us know any deadlines.
All our products require are that your walls are:
- Clean – the cleaner they are, the more times our products can be reapplied
- Plaster walls are painted: undercoat plus 2 top coats (any paint type)
- Allow newly painted walls need at least 5 days to outgas before our products are applied
- If you are putting up wallpaper or murals, you will need to remove the brackets around any power points, and remove and smooth over any hooks.
Peel and stick Instructions
- Plan where you will put the designs. See if the sheet includes a plan to putting it together.
- Peel the decals from the backing paper.
- Smooth the designs to the wall.
- To reposition them, just lift an edge and peel them off the wall.
- Refer to the Cleaning Instructions to care for and store your wall stickers.
Intricate designs and text Instructions
- Plan the position of the whole design first. You can cut between parts of the design to make it easier to place in sections.
- Scratch the designs through the tape layer with your nails and then peel back, ensuring all parts are “picked up”.
- You need to place the pieces in the correct position the first time. Once adhered, smooth it to the wall.
- Peel off the tape layer leaving the designs on the wall.
Wallpapers & Murals Installation
Installing our wallpapers is not hard, it just takes time, a sharp Stanley knife, and a step ladder. The instructions below will be included.
- Equipment – a step ladder, a Stanley knife, a spirit level, and maybe a second pair of hands. Make sure your hands are clean and dry. Inspect your wall and remove any picture hooks and any switch plates.
- To remove the wallpaper from the tube (it can be tight), grab the corners from the inside the roll and, with the roll turned on it’s side, twist the panels until you feel movement – this should allow enough space to pull the panels out.
- Start From the Left – start hanging panels on the left side of the wall, either according to the number written on the back, or just one by one. Take your time on this first panel, making sure it is level at the top. If the wall is adjoining another wall, you may need to slightly overhang Panel 1 on the left side and trim later, if the wall is not perfectly square.
- Prepare To Stick – lay the panel face down on a flat surface (somewhere clean) and peel back about 30cm of backing paper and fold it back sharply (so it stays out of the way). Do not let any debris stick to the adhesive.
- Stick – line up the top edge of the wallpaper with the top of the wall and then stick it to the wall. If it is not square, peel it off and reapply.
- Remove The Backing Paper – once in place, stick it to the wall. Carefully pull the backing paper down from behind the panel in stages, in a slow and even fashion. Let the wallpaper fall naturally into place, smoothing it to the wall with your hand in a down and outwards motion to remove any bubbles.
- Wrinkles and Bubbles – all bubbles should just smooth out. If they don’t or a crease occurs, just peel up the panel and reapply rather than rubbing the print.
- Additional Panels – align the next panel to the first panel, and remove the backing paper and stick to the wall as per the previous instructions.
- If the design is not lining up, once the backing paper is removed from the panel, pull it away from the wall, drop it down 10cm from the top of the wall, align at eye level, smooth it onto the wall from the centre back to the top and to the bottom. Just keep the back of the panel from adhering to itself.
- Trimming – when all the panels have been adhered, use a sharp Stanley knife to remove any excess at the base of the wall. Carefully trim around the power points and light switches after pulling the plate off if necessary.
- Keep Your Backing Paper and Tube – in case you decide to relocate your wallpaper, or move home or office, keep the backing paper and the tube to store your wallpaper in.
- To reapply it to the backing paper without collecting debris on the back, you need to transfer it to the backing paper while vertical. Stick the backing paper to the wall with sticky tape (at the top and bottom) next to the panel you want to remove. Peel the whole wallpaper panel off the wall, move it across and place it onto the backing paper, getting it as lined up at the top and sides as possible. Just roll up the panel and carefully place it in the tube and protect the ends against damage with some bubble wrap.
Chalkboard wall sticker Installation
- Plan the position of the design first as it cannot be moved. Peel the design off the backing paper.
- Place the design on the wall and smooth into place.
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- To remove your chalkboard wall sticker, heat the design with a hair dryer in sections to remove it.
Note: Chalkboard products may cause paint to come off walls even if instructions are followed. We suggest applying to hard surfaces if you are concerned about the state of your wall. Only for use with standard chalkboard and not liquid.
You can request a free envelope-sized sample of our product by filling in your details here. You will be able to peel it from the backing paper and stick it to your wall, feel the quality and finish, and see the printing quality.
If you want to see our colours in your home, you can purchase a Colour Chart for $4, and the cost is redeemable when placing your order.
If you are considering buying wallpaper, you can purchase a wallpaper sample, available on each of our wallpaper designs for $5. This cost is also redeemable upon placing a wallpaper order.
Please let me know how if can help further.