Frequently Asked Questions
Hopefully your questions will be answered here, but please contact us and we will get back to you usually on the same day.
We can offer a plain coloured wallpaper, but we do have trouble printing darker colours with a nice, consistent finish – often there will be some banding which are stripes across the print that are darker than the rest of the print.
Lighter colour are not a problem however.
How long our removable wall stickers and wallpapers can sit “on the shelf” for depends on how the products are kept. As long as the products stay in their tube, sealed with the end caps, and are kept dry, we would say they could last 8 years – this is the number of years we have been using the product, and know it remains removable for.
Yes we can! We can turn any design or idea into a wall sticker.
For an instant price and to place an order, please enter your dimensions into our Custom Design product. Enter any supporting information and upload any images, and we’ll be in contact with your first proof. We will not print until we have your sign off.
The product is easy to apply with a special layer over the top that makes placement perfect and quick. They are easily removed and won’t damage the wall or leave any residue.
One of the most frustrating things: you find an image you love to create your dream removable wall mural. But then The Wall Sticker Company says you can’t use that image unless you have the copyright to reproduce this!
For any further questions, please contact us!
Source images from the sites listed below. Some images will cost and some are free. You can source an images from a few different places. Choose the largest image size (usually in inches or pixels), or in “v” for vector format.
Contact Us if you need some help to order the right image. We suggest the following sites:
Illustrations, Patterns and Images
Historical Australia and New Zealand Images
Our lead times for custom designs will be depend on how many changes you make before you can approve the proof.
To avoid any delays, choose the fastest shipping option, look out for our emails, and let us know any deadlines.
All our products require are that your walls are:
- Clean – the cleaner they are, the more times our products can be reapplied
- Plaster walls are painted: undercoat plus 2 top coats (any paint type)
- Allow newly painted walls need at least 5 days to outgas before our products are applied
- If you are putting up wallpaper or murals, you will need to remove the brackets around any power points, and remove and smooth over any hooks.
Peel and stick Instructions
- Plan where you will put the designs. See if the sheet includes a plan to putting it together.
- Peel the decals from the backing paper.
- Smooth the designs to the wall.
- To reposition them, just lift an edge and peel them off the wall.
- Refer to the Cleaning Instructions to care for and store your wall stickers.
Intricate designs and text Instructions
- Plan the position of the whole design first. You can cut between parts of the design to make it easier to place in sections.
- Scratch the designs through the tape layer with your nails and then peel back, ensuring all parts are “picked up”.
- You need to place the pieces in the correct position the first time. Once adhered, smooth it to the wall.
- Peel off the tape layer leaving the designs on the wall.
Wallpapers & Murals Installation
Installing our wallpapers is not hard, it just takes time, a sharp Stanley knife, and a step ladder. The instructions below will be included.
- Equipment – a step ladder, a Stanley knife, a spirit level, and maybe a second pair of hands. Make sure your hands are clean and dry. Inspect your wall and remove any picture hooks and any switch plates.
- To remove the wallpaper from the tube (it can be tight), grab the corners from the inside the roll and, with the roll turned on it’s side, twist the panels until you feel movement – this should allow enough space to pull the panels out.
- Start From the Left – start hanging panels on the left side of the wall, either according to the number written on the back, or just one by one. Take your time on this first panel, making sure it is level at the top. If the wall is adjoining another wall, you may need to slightly overhang Panel 1 on the left side and trim later, if the wall is not perfectly square.
- Prepare To Stick – lay the panel face down on a flat surface (somewhere clean) and peel back about 30cm of backing paper and fold it back sharply (so it stays out of the way). Do not let any debris stick to the adhesive.
- Stick – line up the top edge of the wallpaper with the top of the wall and then stick it to the wall. If it is not square, peel it off and reapply.
- Remove The Backing Paper – once in place, stick it to the wall. Carefully pull the backing paper down from behind the panel in stages, in a slow and even fashion. Let the wallpaper fall naturally into place, smoothing it to the wall with your hand in a down and outwards motion to remove any bubbles.
- Wrinkles and Bubbles – all bubbles should just smooth out. If they don’t or a crease occurs, just peel up the panel and reapply rather than rubbing the print.
- Additional Panels – align the next panel to the first panel, and remove the backing paper and stick to the wall as per the previous instructions.
- If the design is not lining up, once the backing paper is removed from the panel, pull it away from the wall, drop it down 10cm from the top of the wall, align at eye level, smooth it onto the wall from the centre back to the top and to the bottom. Just keep the back of the panel from adhering to itself.
- Trimming – when all the panels have been adhered, use a sharp Stanley knife to remove any excess at the base of the wall. Carefully trim around the power points and light switches after pulling the plate off if necessary.
- Keep Your Backing Paper and Tube – in case you decide to relocate your wallpaper, or move home or office, keep the backing paper and the tube to store your wallpaper in.
- To reapply it to the backing paper without collecting debris on the back, you need to transfer it to the backing paper while vertical. Stick the backing paper to the wall with sticky tape (at the top and bottom) next to the panel you want to remove. Peel the whole wallpaper panel off the wall, move it across and place it onto the backing paper, getting it as lined up at the top and sides as possible. Just roll up the panel and carefully place it in the tube and protect the ends against damage with some bubble wrap.
Chalkboard wall sticker Installation
- Plan the position of the design first as it cannot be moved. Peel the design off the backing paper.
- Place the design on the wall and smooth into place.
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- To remove your chalkboard wall sticker, heat the design with a hair dryer in sections to remove it.
Note: Chalkboard products may cause paint to come off walls even if instructions are followed. We suggest applying to hard surfaces if you are concerned about the state of your wall. Only for use with standard chalkboard and not liquid.
You can request a free envelope-sized sample of our product by filling in your details here. You will be able to peel it from the backing paper and stick it to your wall, feel the quality and finish, and see the printing quality.
If you want to see our colours in your home, you can purchase a Colour Chart for $4, and the cost is redeemable when placing your order.
If you are considering buying wallpaper, you can purchase a wallpaper sample, available on each of our wallpaper designs for $5. This cost is also redeemable upon placing a wallpaper order.
Please let me know how if can help further.
If you need to change the delivery address of your order, please contact us and we will make this update.
However if the parcel has already been shipped and is in transit, you can still change the delivery address with the Australia Post’s Manage Your Delivery Service. You just need to create a login using the same email address you used to place your order with us.
Hit “track” once logged in.
Enter the tracking code (you should have received this via email when we posted your parcel).
Make your updates.
According to Australia Post, “In transit” means it has been picked up and scanned, and is on it’s way to you. We are not able to access any more information than our customers.
You can login to our site at any time and see the status of your order.
Click on “My Account” at the top right of our screen, check your “Orders” on the left sidebar, the check the “Status” of your order. Here is a description of each status:
Payment required: Your order is awaiting payment. You can hit the “Pay” button on this page to make payment, or we can emailed a link to you.
Awaiting Payment: We are waiting to receive or clear your payment by direct deposit.
Payment Failed: Payment has failed or was declined.
New Order: Payment has been received and we are processing the order.
Pre Press: We are preparing your design for print.
Printing: Your order is queued to print and will be printed in the next 24 hours.
Finishing Area: Your order is being prepared to be shipped. All going well, we will send it on or the next business day.
Awaiting Pickup: Your order is ready to be picked up. Please check your email for our address and opening times.
Shipped: Your order has been picked up from our print house and is on it’s way to it’s destination. Check your email for tracking information.
Waiting Bay: We are now waiting on you for some more information so we can complete your order. Please check for contact from us via email or contact us for assistance
Reprint Required: Your order has not passed our quality inspection so we are reprinting it again. We will let you know if your order will be delayed above our normal 4 day turnaround.
Our removable wall sticker material is exactly the same as our removable wallpaper. They are a polyester blend fabric with an adhesive on the back. As you expect with fabric, the finish is matte and soft, and sometimes there are frays at the edges. The adhesive is clear, does not smell and won’t harden over time, so it won’t damage the wall or leave any residue on removal.
We have 3 different types of the product we supply you with:
1. For flat walls and slightly see through – perfect for flat plasterboard walls painted in a light colour.
2. Complete block out for flat walls where the wall colour is dark or needs to be hidden. The print appears brighter because the white point is stronger.
3. For textured walls – the wall colour is seen through ever so slightly. Ideal for white or light coloured walls.
If you have textured wall that are a dark colour, please contact use here.
Our product will adhere to glass and mirrors.
The result will be the same but the difference will be that it will stick harder, because the surface is flatter. Decals will be easy to apply. Wallpaper will require more time and to get joins to match up, because it won’t be possible to move pieces into position.
See the image below of some sliding glass doors that have been covered with our White Brick removable wallpaper.
If you’d like to try a sample and see how it will stick, you can order an A4 wallpaper sample from here. The cost is redeemable upon purchase of the wallpaper.
When purchasing our products for glass or mirrors, select “MDF” as your wall type and “mid strength colour” as your wall colour – that will be perfect for mirror or glass.
Because our products are sent in tubes, they do get damaged in transit from time to time.
Before you sign for or accept your parcel from a carrier, you should inspect the tube or package to make sure it is sealed.
If the parcel is damaged, please take a photo of the tube or parcel before you open it. Then if the product inside is damaged, we have proof that this occurred while in transit and a replacement will be supplied.
If the products inside are damaged, please take a photo and send it to us.
We don’t have a showroom yet, but what we can do is send you a free sample in the post which will show you the fabric finish, the print quality, and the adhesive and how nicely it sticks to your wall. We just ask that you join our Mailing List in return.
We do have Stockists however their products are for sale rather than inspection!
If you believe your product has been lost during shipping, please notify us and we will help you investigate the issue.
Lost items are actually the responsibility of the carrier, however we will support you through the situation as best as we can. We are also needed to place enquiries as the “sender”.
Please be aware most carriers will not leave a parcel unattended. In most cases a calling card will be left for you to pick-up at a nearby location or provide an option for redelivery.
When your order is first submitted you will receive an email from us with your invoice. We will send you another email as your order progresses through our system, and when your order is shipped.
If you would like to track the progress of your order click, you will need to log in to our site, and this will allow you to see the exact status of your order in our production process.
For Australia Post shipping, you will also receive details from them on how to track your order through their shipping service.
Our products are printed to order. Our production time is roughly 4 business days from placement of order and payment, or from proof approval (for custom designs), to despatch. Shipping time will vary depending on your chosen carrier and service and the delivery location.
The below table provides a guide on how long it will take your order to arrive after we dispatch it.
|Shipping option||Normal time until you receive your order|
|Standard delivery – Australia||
|Express post – Australia||
|Standard delivery – International||
|Express post – International||
Postage costs vary depending on the size and weight of your order, the delivery location and the type of shipping selected. Postage is calculated at checkout prior to making payment. This will calculate the shipping costs of each shipping option for your order and allow you to choose your preferred method.
Yes we can print a mural from a photo, and any image as a mural or decal. We can check the image size is large enough to blow it up to the size you need.
The only issue is that the image size needs to be large enough to blow it up to the size you want it ie. a photo taken with your phone will not be large enough to fill a 3 x 3m wide. However a high resolution image purchased online, will probably be large enough.
If you’re not sure if your photo is large enough to print ad you’d like us to check it, upload the image to our Dropbox folder, and then email the wall dimensions and image name to [email protected] and we’ll let you know.